Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, May 30

I spent a lot of time today reading through my old code to continue integrating the new compression format into the old one. As a result, I decided to separate a lot of the old code into subsections for easier management. For example, I created a new file called SegUtil that consists of a variety of segment construction and checking methods to assist in compression. Before, these utilities were integrated into the WAH Compressor. However, I separated it so that the VAL Compressor can use its functionality in a similar way. The problem is that WAH maintains a consistent segment length of 32/64, VAL varies between 7, 14, and 28 (or all 3) in one run. Because of this, I separated these functions and am focusing on rewriting all of these utilities to be able to run on varied word length per run.

No comments:

Post a Comment