Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tuesday, May 31

Today I finished organizing and setting up my old environment to support variable lengths. Specifically, I decided to separate all segment manipulation methods into one package that builds and checks segments of any length given as a variable parameter. I also noticed a few places for optimization in my old code. I realized that this segment building was being called enough over the course of compression that it would be better to run every segment utility once before compression and then access each as needed. I wrote similar code in my new VAL compressor that would load all segment utility in each necessary compression length (7, 14, and 28) accessible at any point during compression. With all of this set up, I can officially begin coding the actual compression algorithm!

No comments:

Post a Comment