Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday, July 15

Still continuing the extension to VAL 64. It's a bit trickier than I anticipated as it requires the addition of quite a few different global variables that I need to integrate throughout the entire compressor and query engine. Number of segments and word length are only two. The biggest change that I need to make is the reformatting segment length. For VAL 32, it was simple enough to reformat the bitmap byte by byte as the segment length was 7 so every 7 bits would be written with a leading 0. However, now that the segment length is 15, I need to reformat the file by every 16 bits with the addition of a leading 0. This means I need to use a typedef short to reformat the file. A bit tedious but it should be done next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment