Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday, July 28

Good day today! Started debugging my code and found the bug. Turns out my code was fine, I had just forgotten to reformat the original file into a format to support the 64 bit compression. See the base length for VAL 32 is 7 so I reformat the file by chars so that I can read in one byte at a time (with an extra 0 at the beginning to signify a literal). However, to compress in VAL 64, it makes more sense to reformat the file by shorts (2 bytes) since the base length is 15. Once I reformatted the file correctly, it compressed the file perfectly in 64 bit. As a result, I changed some of reformatter and compressor code to make sure that it would select the correctly formatted version before compressing into the desired format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment