Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday, June 14

I began structuring my VAL Query engine and realized that to make this much more usable and extendable in the future, I would need to reorganize the path of my existing program. The way I wrote it before was solely for a WAH compressor and WAH query engine. However, now that I'm extending its usage to VAL, it would be very messy to add in VAL because I wrote all of the query utilities in one file. However, half of it is used for both WAH and VAL. For this reason, I spent 7 hours today reorganizing and rewriting my existing code to separate the strictly WAH functionality. Now, all queries pass through Query.c which performs tasks that both algorithms need and then passes it off to the appropriate engine as needed. It was a headache and a half and I managed to create a slight bug in the existing WAH implementation, but I think it is all for the better and is much more streamlined as well. Tomorrow I will fix the bug I left today and then mirroring my rewritten implementation for VAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment