Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday, June 8

I ran tests today to make sure my VAL compressor engine is working correctly. The main issue I wanted to address was regarding the extra padding of 0s at the end of each column which I scoured over trying to figure out why it was wrong until I remembered that my computer is little-endian so I was just reading it backwards and it was, in fact, correct all along.

While running all the tests I found a bug that caused the first word in every column but the first to be in correct due to not clearing the memory of the last column so I made sure to set that to 0 at the beginning of compressing each column.

Other than that, it looks like it is working properly! The rest of this week I will be focusing on implementing the optimal length compressor which compressors each column using a segment length of 7, 14, and 28 and then picks the shortest length compression for saving each compressed column and uses that one for querying.

No comments:

Post a Comment